Thursday, January 30, 2014

Something Awesome #9 - The Failings of Justin Bieber

I do not like Justin Bieber. At one point I thought he showed potential, but that has long since passed. Yet, on some level, I love this kid. From speeding arrests, to drug arrests, to suspicion of assault, Biebs is that one really painful clip on YouTube of a guy tacking a hit to his nuts. It's painful, but you can't look away, and you can't help but laugh at the stupidity that led to such great pain. The only difference is that Bieber's pain and stupidity hasn't caught up with him yet, instead choosing to build itself up to pile on him all at once down the road. The way this kid is going, his entire life is going to collapse on him one day very soon. Case in point, it's reported that Bieber's managers now think he's up to spending an averge of $1,000,000 a day! I don't care how many beliebers there are floating around throwing money at the kid, he can't possibly live that way for long.

This kid is like Brittany, Lindsey, or Amanda Bynes, except that I liked and had sympathy for them. Bieber is a jerk, I have no sympathy for him, and I find myself sitting here diabolically, waiting to watch his life fall apart with him in it. Maybe I sound harsh, but I can't help it. I can't stand it when I see people with so much talent waste it so completely, and I don't like people who think more of themselves than they do others just because they're famous, as Bieber seems to. However, if you are of the opinion that the fall of Bieber's empire isn't awesome, I respect that. Either way, I hope you come back tomorrow for another Something Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment