Monday, January 20, 2014

Something Awesome #1 - Martin Luther King Jr

Welcome to my new series, Something Awesome. Realizing that I don't really post much on this blog anymore, I decided to create a new daily series where I discuss, either quickly or in length depending on the topic, one awesome thing that I've encountered during the course of my life. Fittingly for a series beginning on Martin Luther King Jr Day, the first topic of Something Awesome is the man himself!

Martin Luther King Jr, a reverend and great speaker, was, and in memory still is, a champion of civil rights. Through well-organized acts of defiance and non-violent civil disobedience he drew attention to his cause like few before him. Best of all, his beliefs were routed in Christianity. Not the crazy kind that is in the news so much today, but the real kind, which is tolerent, forgiving, and inspires people to be better than they are.

MLK Jr is so amazing that I can't ever sort of do his memory justice, though I think I gave it a decent, if simple, try. If you want to learn more about him I suggest Google, or if you, like me, are against supporting companies which are openly trying to conquer the world, wikipedia. There are many, many articles online about the man, and from what research I've done, it actually seems like most of them are worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment