Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #6


---Last Seed, 22nd, 4E 201---

  I did not leave for the fragment today with Vilkas (or was it Farkas? One day I will stop mixing up those two) as I had planned. Instead I spent the morning crafting a tent for myself, and working further on my conjured chest spell, which I can now safely use to store items in a pocket of Aetherius. I'm quite impressed with it, even if Odvar finds the idea of a spell dedicated only to loot storage ridiculous. I enchanted some of my gear to resist fire, and did some additional enchanting, creating items to sell to the wizard. My pockets are now heavy with almost one thousand Septims.

  I would have had a more productive day still, but I met a lovely Altmer woman named Eldawyn who has much the same attitude about things as myself. We talked of her love of wine, so I bought us a bottle. She told me tales of her friends: four like-minded mages who used to journey with her, collecting the resources to craft jewelery, which would then be enchanted and sold for a profit. She told me the stories of their deaths, and even shed a tear over the loss of one: a Nord man who clearly still hold her heart, proving that the current aggression between the High Elves and the Nords does indeed have a chance at a peaceful resolution.

  I had hoped that Eldawyn might accompany Odvar and I on out journeys, but she is not yet ready to be part of a party again. She gave me a gift, however, of an unforgettable conversation, and a re-definition of my priorities. I no longer seek to conquer Aela, or any other maiden. After talking with Eldawyn such persuits seem hollow. I want what she shared with her Nord companion: a bond of true love that will last beyond death. Maybe I'll forge such a bond during my time here in Skyrim, making all that I have gone through so far worth the pain.
 
Mods Mentioned in this Entry:
-Odvar the Afflicted


No comments:

Post a Comment