Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #2

Another Last Dragonborn entry for my readers (or reader, rather, though that's still assuming a lot), since I can't think of anything else to post.



---Last Seed, 18th, 4E 201---

  Today might just be the longest day I can remember. I worked all morning at Alvor's forge, with his help, and the help of his daughter Dorthe, who already thinks of me as an uncle. We managed to piece together some Iron Gauntlets and Boots to go with my Helm, and to reinforce an old Scaled Curias. Between that and a Steel Sword that Alvor was kind enough to give me from his stores, and my basic ability to conjure bound weapons, I felt confident enough to set out along the road to Whiterun. Though there were no dangers along the road, I did help a group of warriors fell a Giant on a farm outside the grand, if rustic, city.

  After the battle a beautiful ranger, Aela the Huntress, complimented me and suggested that I join their guild, the Companions. So after informing the Jarl and his angry Dunmer housecarl of the dragon threat, I did, if only for a bed and a chance at getting closer to Aela. Joining was no simple task, though, as it required fighting a burly man to prove myself, while I was already tired from travel and from a brawl earlier with an impetuous Bard who seems unable to take no as an answer from a particular local woman.

  The Jarl gave me a new task. His court wizard needs a stone from a nearby ruin, one upon which may be inscribed insight into the dragon. He cannot spare his own men and I have already proven myself capable, and he has promised to reward me. This works to my benefit, as the proprietor of the general store in Riverwood also mentioned the ruin, Bleak Falls Burrow, as the likely location of a golden dragon claw which was stolen from him only days ago. Perhaps I can recover the claw as well, make some coin, and get on with my life. I did come to Skyrim for a reason, after all.

  The Companions have also assigned me a task. They want me to clear out a nest of bandits in nearby Amber Guard. It is out of my way, but perhaps I will stop by Amber Guard in the morning on my way to the ruin. I am hesitant, however, to take on these Bandits alone. I am confident in my skills, but I think maybe I have become too accustomed to fighting in full steel, with my swift and sharp single-edged Argonian Blade. Can I rout a den on Bandits equipped as I am now?

  Experienced as I am, I am nothing special, just a boy who thrives on slaying monsters and wooing maidens, and yet so much has happened, and so much responsibility has been heaped upon my shoulders. I cannot decide. I will set out tomorrow morning and let my legs take me where they will.


Mods Referenced in this Entry:
-Jaysus Swords
-Dragonborn Armor (Steam Workshop Mod)
-The Elder Scrolls: Places - Amber Guard (Steam Workshop Mod)
-Realistic Needs and Diseases (for the line about being tired)

If you liked the entry or if you have any questions or general comments, please leave a comment below, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment