Saturday, February 22, 2014

Something Awesome #19 - Having a Computer

Its been months since I've had a home computer. Months, as in since early September. Like a doofus, I let my security software expire and promptly caught a malware, and because I'm stubborn, I tried to get rid of it myself and made things worse. It needed to be taken to be serviced, by Geek Squad or somebody, I didn't really care, but that strategy required one key component that I did not yet possess: money. Now it's tax time, and with tax time comes tax rebates, and with tax rebates comes the means to get my computer repaired, and have enough left over to upgrade my ASUS Eee tablet to the new ASUS Notebook PC! Now I have a computer for typing and surfing the interwebs, and in a couple of days I'll have my bigger, better, badder ASUS gaming rig for the Skyrims. Dear glob I miss playing Skyrim...

In this day and age, computers are an integral part of our lives. Almost everyone carries a computer in their pocket, and uses a computer to some extent to do their job. Without computers, our entire world would change overnight. Not to mention all of the tasty, tasty, computer games (admit it, you totally expected something else to follow those tasties, didn't you?). If you love your computer, or you just appreciate the computer age, drop a comment and let me know, and come back later for another Something Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment