Monday, July 28, 2014

The Last Dragonborn - The Journal of Johan Abbot #9


---Last Seed, 28th, 4E 201---

  On the 26th of Last Seed, only two days ago, Skjor and Aela made me a Werewolf so that I might help them wipe out a legion of the Silver Hand. Initially the transformation was rough, but I recovered my head. By the time I did, however, I'd run with Aela to the fort where the Silver Hand were holed up. While Aela stayed behind to make sure I didn't harm myself or anyone else, Skjor went ahead. He fell to the Silver Hand and their skilled and powerful leader, The Skinner, before we could reach him. I tore the man's followers apart in my new beast form. In that form I am an unstoppable force, and even in my Human form I am stronger than ever. I rarely tire, and Aela tells me that I will never again have to feel the ravages of disease. I no longer have trouble controlling myself in my transformed state, either. The Silver Hand are right to be wary of the mad Werewolves which even Aela admits exist, but why do they hate the Companions so? I don't care anymore. They killed a member of my pack. They will all die for it.
  Leaving the fortress, I realized that I was near Wildhelm, and I was reminded of my reason for coming to Skyrim in the first place. My father, a half-Nord half-Imperial Officer in the Legion, and my mother, a Nord ambassador to Cyrodiil from Skyrim, were killed in the sacking of the Imperial City during the great war when I was very young. I hate the Thalmor for this, but I am no fool. I was but a boy, but even I knew at the time how close we came to losing the war. The White-Gold Concordat must last, or my parents will have died for nothing. Ulfric wants to dissolve the Concordat and renew the fight with the Thalmor. When I heard that he had murdered the High King of Skyrim, I knew he was moving toward a full-scale rebelion, and I gave up my comfortable life of exploring ruins, gathering loot, and wooing maidens with stories of my heroism to come north and try to convince him to stop. Stupid, I know, but I felt I had to try something. So I journeyed to Windhelm, stopping by the nearby Talos statue which overlooks the city. There I found a golden Akaviri sword which seems to be enchanted. Maybe it was sacreligious to do so, but I took it. It feels good to carry a light, swift blade again.
  Five minutes in Windhelm it became clear that there would be no convincing Ulfric. The first thing I saw when I stepped through the gate was a pair of Nords harassing and threatening a Dunmer woman while the guards stood by and did nothing. One of the men threatened to come to her home that night and teach her a lesson. So I broke his nose. I stayed in the city for a night, and even helped Ulfric's stuard catch a murderer who was trying to construct a Flesh Golem from parts of local girls, and I built a rapport with some of the Dunmer, who are forced by Ulfric and his guards to live in an unkept slum. Despite this, however, I don't intend to ever return to Windhelm while Ulfric sits on the throne, if I can help it. Even now I camp just outside the city walls.
  Tomorrow I take the carriage to Whiterun to get Odvar, if Ria has not killed him to prevent his constant advances, and then to Riften. Aela found clues in the fortress that the Silver Hand have a stronghold in The Rift as well. I'll kill them all, for Skjor.
 
 

Mods Referenced in this Entry:
 -In this entry I mention a weapon mod, Insanity's Goldbrand, which adds a lore weapon to the game that would not otherwise be present. In the lore, this weapon was supposedly last wielded by a soldier in the Imperial army, so I thought that it would make sense if the Dragonborn found it near a Shrine of Talos. This is also a reference to an older Goldbrand mod which has since disappeared from Steam and the Nexus.

No comments:

Post a Comment