Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Musings, Tues 5/7/13 - Evening

I just love Rick Riordan's modern fantasy stuff. Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, the Kane Chronicles, they are all fantastic series. I can't wait for October when the next Heroes of Olympus is out. Of course sometimes something great happens that makes the waiting easier, such as the crossover between the two Greek series and the Kane Chronicles that was released today with the paperback edition of the final book in the Kane Chronicles. Not only did it feature Percy Jackson, my favorite hero from Greek Mythology (see what I did there?), but it was action packed, funny, and even (I think, cross my fingers) set up for an even larger crossover down the line. All of the clues are there. If I'm right, if this actually happens, I think I could die happy.

Yeah, I'm a little older than the series' target audience, but I don't care, I love mythology and by extension I love these. I even hear that Riordan is working on a series based on Norse Mythology, my most favorite mythology of all! Epicfanboysquee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment