Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Little Something Awesome - Last Night, Friday the 13th

I wouldn't say that I'm a superstitious person (knock on wood), but I certainly enjoy the idea of an entire day devoted to superstitions. I love Friday the 13th, for similar reasons to why I love Holloween. It's fun, it's creepy, and I love to see the look on peoples' faces when I remind them what day it is. The looks range from cheerful, to mildly nervous, to downright anxious, and I find it all hilarious.

Maybe I'm easily amused, I dunno.

Anyway, whether you enjoy or are even aware of Friday the 13th, I'd be willing to bet that last night still somehow felt different to you. Not only was it Friday the 13th, it was also the night of the full moon, and that moon happened to be a yellow "honey moon", and at its perigee (or closest point in it's orbit around Earth, and therefor looks larger). Just the combination of a "honey moon" on Friday the 13th is so rare that it hadn't happened since 1919, and won't occur again until 2098. I'm actually starting to feel bad for not getting this update up last night as I'd planned (problems logging into the site, thanks Friday the 13th) to get the word out.

Either way, it was awesome. I got a pretty good look at the "honey moon" while I was walking around at midnight hoping to be bitten by, and turned into, a werewolf (it's something I do, don't judge me). For those who didn't get a chance to see it last night, there are plenty of great images to be found online, as well as a live broadcast which I'm sure will be uploaded to YouTube for repeat viewing eventually. Regardless, the night was awesome, and you can't deny that any more than you can not come back again later for another Something Awesome.



1 comment: