Friday, November 15, 2013

Another of My Patented Holy Crap Moments

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved the Nick shows by Dan Schneider, from Drake and Josh all the way to Victorious. Yeah, I'm pretty old to be into these shows at this point, but I can't help it. I will go to my grave proclaiming that iCarly was one of the most fun shows on TV during its run. My favorite two Dan Schneider characters are by far the brash, loudmouthed, but loveable Sam Pucket from iCarly, portrayed by Jennette McCurdy, and the naive and adorable Cat Valentine from Victorious, portrayed by Ariana Grande, so when Sam and Cat got a spinoff, aptly named Sam & Cat, I could not have been happier.

Then the most recent episode of Sam & Cat turned out to be a Laverne & Shirley tribute, complete with a remake of the "skipping scene" in the episode's opening, and appearances by both Cindy Williams and Penny Marshall, including a fantasic ending scene where the two sitcom legends proved that they can still deliver on the physical comedy, even at their ages, and suddenly I was happier. It was wonderful! I squeed. More than once. And I'm proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment