Saturday, September 28, 2013

Updates! Hurray!!!

So while my mind continues to process the various degrees of awesome that the new fall television season has blessed us with, I've decided to go back and give some updates on some of the shows that I've reviewed on this site so far, now that they have been out for a while, and when I say some, I mean all! We'll start at the very beginning (it is, after all, a very good place to start) with one of the most disappointing new shows that I have had the displeasure to watch in recent memory: Family Tools. Ah, Family Tools. Didn't that get cancelled already? Because I don't remember hearing anything about it in forever. I watched it a couple more times, and while a few more of the jokes hit home in episode two than did in episode one, episode three was another bore fest of stale, poorly ripped-off humor and themes. My rating of this show has actually gone down from a 4 to a 2 out of 10, as all of my (very small amounts of) hope for the show going forward drained away very quickly.

Based on my review of the show, however, I think we all saw this coming, so let's move on to the next show I reviewed, Weird or What?, with the original Captain Kirk, William Shatner. I gave this show a good review, saying that it was an interesting sort of introductory look into the realm of supernatural phenomena, and that it evoked one of my favorite shows to just turn on on a boring day and watch: Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction?. My opinion of Weird or What? hasn't changed at all. I still catch it from time to time, as I still catch reruns of Fact or Fiction? from time to time. It is a good time-killer show, and, as I said before, a great way for people to see if the supernatural investigative genre is the thing for them or not. Weird or What?, congrats on retaining your above above average score of 8 out of 10.

Teen Titans Go! and Marvel's Avengers Assemble also retain their scores of 7 out of 10. I don't like either show as much as their predecessors, but I still find them to be interesting enough substitutes, and the TTG! episodes are more consistent now than they were in the beginning already. TMNT is actually pushing above it's 9 out of 10, just a bit. It had an amazing season finale only recently, and is already starting up again with new episodes on the twelfth of next month, giving the fans exactly what they want, and building a larger fanbase at a steady pace. It doesn't hurt that I just saw Sean Astin, who voices Raph, live at a Q and A at Wizard World Ohio last week. Still, Samwise aside, the show is great, consistently great, and I can't wait for more.

As a Batman fan, my review of Beware the Batman, the newest animated foray into the Batman universe, was pretty harsh, but I'm happy to say that I'm liking it more as time goes by. The newest episode revealed that Ra's Al Ghul will be featured in the series. As long as he is done well, this will open doors to include other long-standing and better-known Batman villains, like the Joker and Harvey Dent, just less-frequently and in bigger roles, and I really like our "mad villain" character, Anarchy, who manages to be Joker Lite and a badass physical threat, something that Joker rarely is. However, I am still only enjoying the series in a way similar to how I enjoyed The Batman. It is satisfyingly action-packed, but still lacks the deep, thought-provoking storylines and strong mystery elements of another animated Batman series that comes to mind. It also has still yet to develop the character of Batman at all. Yeah, we know him by now, but he's still the title character. He needs to have development, and the show never seems to give him any. It does, however, continue to show potential, so I have bumped my rating of Beware the Batman up to a 7 out of 10 rather than a 6.

And that's it, guys, that's every TV series that I've reviewed so far on this blog, but I still hope to review many, many more, as well as actually start to post more varied content here eventually. I also want to do what I did with Turtles and review some stuff that's been around a little longer, though not too long, so look forward to that.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment